Re: nfs mount error

hi jon...

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Rodney D. Myers wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:12:53 +0200
> Jon Haugsand <Jon-H.Haugsand@norges-bank.no> wrote:
>
> > Nfs is a pain in the ...
> >

> > > I've edited the /etc/exports file, to match the previous settings,
> > > but I'm getting this error message;
> > >
> > > mount: RPC: Program not registered

home# cat  /etc/exports
	..
	/home	1.2.3.4/255.255.255.0(rw,root_squash)

home# cat /etc/hosts.allow
	portmap:        1.2.3.4/255.255.255.0
	mountd:         1.2.3.4/255.255.255.0

home# restart inetd, than restart port mapper, than restart nfs,

home# rpcinfo -p
	- portmapper, mountd  and nfs should be listed

other_end#  mount home:/home /mnt/test
	- see if manually mounts

> > Check portmap, rpc and nfs on both machines:
> >
> > ps aux | grep -E 'portmap|nfs|rpc' | grep -v grep

> I've spent this weekend, re-loading Debian a number of times.

reloading doesnt always help ... :-)
	- the defaults sometimes needs tweeking

c ya
alvin