Floppy/network install question

I need to downgrade from testing to stable on my laptop.  THis seems
about impossible because of packages that were split, e.g. debianutils
split off coreutils.  Trying to downgrade debianutils fails because it
tries to overwrite /bin/readline which is now in coreutils.  If anyone
knows how to do this, I'd appreciate hearing.

I am looking at re-installing.  This is a laptop with a PCMCIA network
card that uses the pcnet_cs driver.  How can I find out if this driver
is included in the vanilla 6 floppy install set?  If I have to use the
20+ floppy base installation set, I'll keep trying the downgrade
route.

TIA,
  Jeffrey