Re: pb with eepro100

Manu wrote:

Hi

I am having some issues with my pc. I have an intel
card and I know
it works with the knoppix distribution 3.2 as I have
tried it and was connected . I have compared the
modules and the only differences between debian and
knoppix was the mii.o. In fact this module is a
dependance for eepro100.o which is the module I should
use.

I tried to recompile the kernel using the make-dpkg
for kernel 2.4.18 of the woody of debian and still the module is not
existing in the list of drivers/net

in fact it is failing when I try :   insmod mii    ->
module not found

During the compilation I look at the generated *.o in
the /usr/src/kernel X.X.X and mii.o is existing but it
is never included in the drivers later on into the
package..

I also tried copying this file but it complain that it
was not compiled with the version of the new kernel I
just compile and run to test it...

any idea what I should do? How can I get this mii.o
module working for debian woody.. Knoppix is actually
based on debian and it is working...

Manu