Re: How to "undo" a broken "apt-get upgrade"

iwk wrote:
> I running unstable on two desktops and one with Knoppix (which is a
> mixed system). And it has happened that on these machines an apt-get
> upgrade left the system broken. I couldn even repair it with the -f
> parameter. However, from the archives I understood that it should be
> possible to revert to the previous state. If so, how can that be
> arrangend?

What is the problem that 'apt-get install -f' is complaining about?
Without that information it is really difficult to suggest a fix.

Reverting to a previous state is possible but not easy.  I thought
about suggesting ways here.  But it is a tangle web and so I decided
that pushing you forward is probably more productive.  Many things
depend upon in what way your system is having -f trouble.

Bob