Re: How to stop booting into KDE environment

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 12:35, Alfredo Valles wrote:
> You can pass the init=3 parameter to the kernel at boot time to start in
> runlevel 3 which should be console only, with networking.
> Now, in debian for some reason I don't undestand, runlevels 2, 3 and 5 have
> the same init scripts, so you have to fix that first.

I guess it has been two weeks since the last person got this all wrong
and needed a public humiliation of being forced to use Windows 1.0 ;)

Debian sets the runlevels 2-5 identically by default, so switching to
runlevel 3 gets you the identical results as runlevels 2, 4 and 5. It is
up to the system's administrator to decide and sculpt the runlevels to
whatever is considered appropriate. This means that if you run [gkwx]dm,
you get it for each of those runlevels, unless you specifically remove
it on a particular level.

Case of rum, case of rum (Kelly Bundy's attempt to say "que sera, sera")
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org