wmmon IO

This is a fairly trivial problem, but if anyone knows the answer ..

I have wmmon running, the CPU & memory screens work AOK but the I/O screen showes zip no matter how much disk I/O I do. I checked out there web site at http://windowmaker.mezaway.org, it no longer exists. I scanned google but nothing usefull came up, I checked http://bugs.debian.org/wmmon, none of the bugs listed matches this, some bugs mention the I/O screen working.

I have enabled DMA on my drives, I tried hdparm -d0 .... to turn it off, no luck.

Can anyone shed any light ?
Dave