Re: exiting chroot

Geordie Birch wrote:
On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 12:06:39PM -0600, Harshwardhan Nagaonkar wrote:

Hugh Saunders wrote:

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 05:53:22PM -0400, Charles Roberts wrote:

Hi;
I am installing Debian from another linux system (this one) on the same machine. To set some thing up the instructions ask me to do a 'chroot /dev/debinst'. All works ok. But how do I exit 'chroot' gracefully? I can always 'kill -9 pid-of vc-terminal'. Is there a better way?

^d :)

Doesn't just typing 'exit' work? I've done if before with the Debian Installation when I needed to chroot to /target and fix things (eg. lilo :) and then I just typed 'exit' like always and it did exit back to the 'ash' shell of the install. Please correct me if the other chroot is some other situation.

In bash ^d is the same as typing exit.

Geordie.

Yes 'exit' works. Thanks everyone for the help.

Charles