Re: exiting chroot

Hugh Saunders wrote:
On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 05:53:22PM -0400, Charles Roberts wrote:

Hi;
I am installing Debian from another linux system (this one) on the same machine. To set some thing up the instructions ask me to do a 'chroot /dev/debinst'. All works ok. But how do I exit 'chroot' gracefully? I can always 'kill -9 pid-of vc-terminal'. Is there a better way?

^d :)

Doesn't just typing 'exit' work? I've done if before with the Debian Installation when I needed to chroot to /target and fix things (eg. lilo :) and then I just typed 'exit' like always and it did exit back to the 'ash' shell of the install. Please correct me if the other chroot is some other situation.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge, everyone on debian-user,
--
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
Electrical Engineering Sysop