Re: Kill a process that refuses to die?

Thanks all.  I was using kill <pid> while running top, and at a bash prompt.
Repeatedly.  That worked sometimes in the past with the same program.  But I
must have tried it a 100 times in the last 24 hours to kill the same process
(enjoympeg).

I tried kill -9 <pid> at a bash prompt, thanks to the suggestions from the
man pages from the beginning, was using top's help instead (running top on a
different terminal as root, which is standard practice), which actually
didn't help.

Thanks again.

Bing.

--
All spam received is reported to SpamCop.

http://spamcop.net/