Re: qiv usage question

Thus spake stan:
> I really like qiv as used like this "qiv -f -m -d 3 -s -r", it works a lot
> like my favorite fbi usgae.
>
> However, there is still one thing I'm having trouble with. When running it
> like that, acording to the man page, I should be able to use "page up", or
> the right mouse click to go back an image. However this is not working for
> me. Instead they both take me foward an minage, just like "page down" od
> lef mouse.

It's a side-effect of using the -r option to randomize the slideshow.
With -r, it doesn't keep track of where it's been, so if you tell it to
"go back", it actually just "goes back" to a random image...giving it
the same result as "going forward".  If you want to be able to go back
and forth, use -S instead of -r.

-r, --random
      Randomize slideshow.

-S, --shuffle
      Shuffle images (random order with next/previous functionality).

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

I still miss you honey, but my aim is getting better.