Re: i have 2 problems

* george roman
> - i can't make anny users (i can create them, but i
> can't grant access whith users other than root) they
> exist in
> /etc/passwd and in /home  (in /home their directory is
> empty) i can use the command "su username" but i can't
> login with their name.

How did you add users?  If you used the debian tool adduser you get a
list of questions including password.  If you used the tool useradd,
password will not be set until you insert one with 'passwd <username>'
as root.

> - when i want to turn off my computer i usally use the
> comand "poweroff". most of the times it works but
> sometimes my sistem crashes(the screen turns black and
> i can't use my keyboard to enter in text mode with
> C-A-F1 for example)
> i've tried with "shutdown -h now"  and it is the same
> problem

What do you mean: 'sistem crashes'?  My screen also turns black during
shutdown...

--
 Jon Haugsand, Jon-H.Haugsand@norges-bank.no
 http://www.norges-bank.no