filenames of attachments sent by mutt shown in m$ MUA as ATT12345.ATT

hi,

from a shellscript I generate and send mails, which will be read with
m$ outlook, among others.
if the filenames of the attachments contain special characters (ßöüä, for example),
then outlook shows them as

ATT1240737.ATT
ATT1240742.ATT
ATT1242289.ATT
ATT1220670.ATT

the way of the mail is:

script --> mutt --> local exim --> remote exim --> m$ exchange --> MUA

if I get the mails to my linux from the m$exchange with pop3, then the attachments
will be shown ok (with the special characters)

Though if they are read with outlook...

After much FM reading I know that the ms product is not really RFC compliant,
but this I won't be able to solve.

My question is: how to send the mail, that the attachments' filenames
would be shown right in outlook?

any help is appreciated,

tia

charlie

--
Végh Károly -  System Engineer - UTA - TIS.SAS.BSS
Cynics say that Hungarians created America's Hollywood before