Re: Shell script or Perl?

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:22:16 -0500
Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com> wrote:
> I have to vehemently disagree.  You can write spaghetti code in *any*
> language, and you can write good code in Perl.

    Not this again.  *sigh*  The point is that it is far too simple in Perl to
write s'ghetti code.  Furthermore it is far too simple for you to write what
you may think is "good code" and have another person who also has years of
experience in Perl have to stop, look and scratch their head at what you're
doing.  It is because how you choose to do something might not be the idiom
they would have chosen to do the same thing.  And while both may be equally
valid, correct and "good" because the two of you use two different forms based
on preference it can cause problems in maintenance.