Re: Shell script or Perl?

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:50:12 +0200, Gregory Seidman wrote:

> Let me add one more detail: anyone who is about to write a shell script
> should read this page http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/csh-whynot/
> Some of it is outdated, but the majority of it still applies. The short
> version: scripts should use /bin/sh.

BTW, is #!/bin/bash a valid choice for a Debian "official" shell script?
(e.g. an init.d script of a .deb package)  Sometimes those bash-isms are
sooo practical :-)  After all, bash is an essential package AFAIK.

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!