scsi prob after compiling custom kernel

Hello everybody,

Today I compiled a custom kernel on this computer;
kind of to make the computer boot a bit faster, but I
don't see that much difference - more memory is freed
though

Anyway, I've got this problem: the scsi is not loaded
correctly; Using the manual loading from
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/CD-Writing-HOWTO, I got
these warnings:

Ensure the module sg is loaded automatically next
time.
Using
/lib/modules/2.4.18.120603/kernel/drivers/scsi/sg.o
Ensure the module sr_mod is loaded automatically next
time.
Using
/lib/modules/2.4.18.120603/kernel/drivers/scsi/sr_mod.o
Ensure the module ide-scsi is loaded automatically
next time.
Using
/lib/modules/2.4.18.120603/kernel/drivers/scsi/ide-scsi.o

But, I haven't changed anything in /etc/modules.conf,
/etc/modules. The scsi part is like this:

options ide-cd ignore=hdc            # tell the ide-cd
module to ignore hdc
alias scd0 sr_mod                    # load sr_mod
upon access of scd0
#pre-install ide-scsi modprobe imm    # uncomment for
some ZIP drives only
pre-install sg     modprobe ide-scsi # load ide-scsi
before sg
pre-install sr_mod modprobe ide-scsi # load ide-scsi
before sr_mod
pre-install ide-scsi modprobe ide-cd # load ide-cd
before ide-scsi
alias block-major-11 sr_mod

My guess is, the problem is with ide-cd, as that one
doesn't show up in the modconf list.
If that's the problem, I only need to know where to
look for it in the menu of
  make xconfig
as I can't find it ...

Thanks,