Re: Shell script or Perl?

Hi Edwin,
It all depends on the level of difficulty the problem is and how well you
know shell scripting vs. perl.  I would recommend using perl script if you
need to massage files and need advanced features in your program,
otherwise I would stick to a shell script that is small and fast.
Good Luck,
Jake Johnson
http://www.plutoid.com