IBM Serveraid 5i

Hi Everyone,

I am new to debian so please excuse me if I ask stupid questions.

I have been trying to install Woody on an IBM xSeries 345 server. It has a
Serveraid 5i raid controller and this is the thorn in my side.

I downloaded the 2.4.18-bf2.4_scsi_and_bcm5700_preload_floppy-1440.bin image
to get ips.o (this is the module for the serveraid controller)

The installation goes well but after reboot, lilo is not installed on the
master boot record and I am faced with "Operating system not found" the boot
disk is also of no use as it seems that the ips.o module is not on the disk
or in the kernel. Kernel panic /dev/sda not found.

I have tried various boot cds etc. to no avail

Thank in advance
Deb