tomcat problems

Hi,

I was trying to compile ayttm and at configure stage found out that
jasper was need and search on packages.debian.org showed that tomcat
had it.

Now the the problem is when I try to install it and at the end of the
installation it fails.

Now I have already got j2re1.4.1 unpacked from a bin file that i
downloaded from ftp.tux.org to get java running for mozilla. but this
installation is install java-1.4.0*beta*deb. I did not know how to tell
apt that I got a new version already running in /usr/j2re1.4.1 besides
java-1.4.0 get installed in /usr/lib/j2se .

My apt line that i put in long ago  for java packages is
 deb  http://www.tux.org/pub/java/debian sid main non-free

apt-get install j2re1.4
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Suggested packages:
  ttf-kochi-mincho
  j2re1.4
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/21.4MB of archives.
After unpacking 54.3MB of additional disk space will be used.
Selecting previously deselected package j2re1.4.
(Reading database ... 33271 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking j2re1.4 (from .../j2re1.4_1.4.0.99beta-1_i386.deb) ...
Do you agree to the above license terms? [yes or no] yes
Setting up j2re1.4 (1.4.0.99beta-1) ...

Setting up tomcat4 (4.1.24-1) ...
Starting Tomcat 4.1 servlet engine using Java from /usr/lib/j2se/1.4:
invoke-rc.d: initscript tomcat4, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing tomcat4 (--configure):
 tomcat4

 I would appreciate pointers to get this to work.

regards
harshu