Re: console cursor

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 04:44:57PM -0400, Nori Heikkinen wrote:

> this should be a really easy question, but i can't find the answer
> anywhere.
>
> how do i turn on the (big block) cursor in console mode?  right now
> there's nothing, making it really hard to see where i am when i'm
> typing :)

You can enable this facility in the kernel.    Search for `cursor' in
Documentation/Configure.help of the kernel source directory.

Or install svgatextmode, which has a configuration option to allow a
block cursor with a variable size.

Or search Google groups with "block""cursor""linux".  This gave me the
command

echo -e '\033[?17;0;64c'

which I tested and there is now a nice magenta block cursor on one of my
virtual consoles.  If in your reading you come across how I could get
back to my original underline cursor - please let me know!

Brian.