Re: Upgrading to woody - the saga continues...

That remarkable Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 17:44, Peter Hugosson-Miller wrote:

> Anyhow, my second question is this: is there a better way to find those
> "--- Obsolete and local packages present on system ---" than by going
> into the dreaded dselect?

I think that if you get into dependencies problems because you do not have installed this or that package, you will know it :). In that case, you just use apt-get and install what you need.

If what you want is to install the essentials of gnome, do

apt-get install gnome-core

By the way, which version,  1.4 or 2.2?

cheers
--