gl screensavers problem

I've installed testing.  Installed xscreensaver, xscreensaver-nognome
and xscreensaver-gl.  xscreensaver works fine except no gl screensavers
show up in the preview window.  Just the message "no preview available."

I found a bug report that pointed to installing package libutahglx1
which tried to remove x-windwo-system, x-window-system-core, xlibmesa3
and xlibmesa3-gl.

At any rate I went with it but nothing changed with regards to the gl
screensavers.

Anyone know how to get this screen saver to work?  I'm trying to build a
kiosk.  I need a decent looking text display.
Thanks,
kent

--
"I am always doing that which I can not do,
   in order that I may learn how to do it." --Pablo Picasso