Re: xfree and mouse buttons

LeVA wrote:
Hi!

I'm using 4.1.0 xfree, and a m$ intellimouse explorer 3.0a usb mouse. The mouse has 5 buttons. I want to use all of the 5 buttons, and the scrolling wheel too, which also has button numbers, what I must assign to the 'ZAxisMapping' option in the XF86Config file.
Here is my config:

        Option          "Buttons"               "5"

With 'xev' I can see, that the scrolling wheel is button 6 and 7. So I was happy, and set up the config file like the above. There is the 5 buttons, and the button 6th-7th for the scrolling wheel.
Guess what, it didn't work :D

How can you have buttons 6 and 7 if you only have 5 buttons? Doesn't the existence of buttons 6 and 7 imply that you have 7 buttons...