Re: [OT] ergonomic setups

on Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:53:01AM +0200, Christoph Groth insinuated:
> Nori Heikkinen <nori@sccs.swarthmore.edu> writes:
>
> > do you all use some combination of careful keyboard
> > height/placement, a good chair, and a good keyboard?  is there
> > some other component that you take into account?  i'm interested
> > in whatever you do to make your work area more ergonomically
> > sound.
>
> IMO, if you are a heavy emacs, vi, or bash user, one of the best
> keyboards is the Happy Hacking Keyboard:
>
> http://shop.store.yahoo.com/pfuca-store/
>
> It is ergonomic and efficient because when you are using it, you
> hardly vver have to move your wrists.  All the important keys (like
> Ctrl, Esc, Backspace) can be reached easily.

yeah, i've had friends recommend this ... but i can also xmodmap
things around, my primary concern is the curvature of my wrists.  i've
found the Goldtouch keyboard online [1], and i'm really excited to try
it.  small footprint; adjustable vertically & horizontally ... maybe
once i get a paycheck :)

</nori>

[1]
http://www.epinions.com/pr-Keyboards_Goldtouch_Adjustable_Keyboard_Keyboard_GTU_0077