Re: [OT] ergonomic setups

on Sat, 07 Jun 2003 02:23:19AM -0700, Paul Johnson insinuated:
> I mostly hate the MS "natural" keyboards with a purple passion.
> Yeah, they have a nice angle that keeps your wrists fairly nice and
> straight horizontally, but the steep angle of the damn things tend
> to encourage you to bend your wrists backwards, which is A Bad
> Thing.  There's a reason wrists don't have much travel in that
> direction, nature did *not* design human paws to bend backwards,
> much less for extended periods.

it all depends on how you lay it out -- i tend to have the keyboard at
the edge of my desk or on my lap, so my elbows are lower than the
keyboard.  if the keyboard is then tipped towards me, i get a nice
flat forearm-wrist-hand thing going on.  i guess this thread is
demonstrating well that it's really all a matter of personal
preference, and that what works for some may be what's causing pain in
others.

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu