XMMS-SingIt

Debian
Kernel 2.2.17
Libranet 1.8.2
Compaq Deskpro 2000 5166 PI

I've recently installed the SingIt plugin (apt-get install xmms-singit).
I'm unclear about how to create or where to place a lyrics file. Do the
lyrics files go in the same subdirectory as the .mp3 files?

If I call up an mp3 file then is XMMS supposed to automatically associate
the lyrics file with it and display it in another window?

Will the singit viewer run without an associated .mp3 file running?

Thanks.