Re: DC-220 Camera

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 06:58:55PM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> I had this camera working under USB with the application called 'ks'.
> But that was on another hard drive....

Another machine, you mean?

> I'm trying to get this working under gtkam or gphoto2.
>
> In both cases it is unable to detect the device.
> But syslog shows the device is registered under /dev/usb/dc22x, which is
> where is used to be under 'ks'.

Is it possible the USB support is a module and you have no autoloader
support?

Do you mean the _camera_ is not detected as a device?  If so, it likely is
not on gphoto2's list of automatically detected cameras (I had to specify my
Olympus 450Z).

> Root doesn't help matters, so it's not a right issue.

???  Do you mean permissions?

> help?  I have 200 photos I have to pull.

Unless this resolves itself quickly, find the old hard drive, er... machine?
(Or get another chip for the camera if you need to take more pix? :)

HTH,

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,