Re: Cant use mailing list

On (09/06/03 13:54), Hugh Saunders wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 10:20:10AM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> > If the OP wants to join the list to climb the debian
> > learning curve, it is likely that he's not yet installed Linux, in which
> > case mutt is probably not an option.  Would Eudora be a more relistic
> > alternative?
> If i was feeling really cheeky, i would mention
> http://www.geocities.com/win32mutt/win32.html
> but thats not really a very good soluiton, I agree Eudora is a good
> choice for the mean time.
Well you live and learn - mutt on windows ;)  However, given how long it
has taken me to operate mutt successfully, I reckon it's a tall order for
most windoze users.  And I'm still struggling with my set up .... not
managed to implement procmail yet and the cron job to "getmail" is being
mailed to me every 5 five minutes... but that's another story;)

> > But there again I was a complete *nix novice ;-) I suspect OP may be
> > similar.
> I guess you have a point... I played with linux for a few years before i
> had a net connection so was ready for mutt once i got one :)
> Did flirt with kmail and Evolution, but nah not what i was looking for.
Yeah mutt is certainly worth persevering with.  In spite of no spam
filtering or procmail I still find it quicker and better to handle my
mail (and I get buckets of spam plus the copious posts on debian-user)
than Mail on OSX or Eudora - I never did like OE.

Happy if still struggling ;)

Clive