Re: Help

Wow, Fred, people are going to get upset with you. Multiple versions
of multiple messages from you are showing up. I see that you are using
Word to send your message. I suggest you don't do that and also that
you follow some of the advice you are getting.

Send one message, plain ASCII (Word is capable of that, but may call
the output smart DOS, plain text, etc.), and wait a day or two for a
reply. If you must format your mail messages, simplest is to use HTML,
and ideally you could use XHTML (in principle these are two quite
different things, but they do look simpilar). But as I said, I can't
think of any reason whatsoever to format messages to a list, and so
doing so a waste of time and resources, and tends to make your
messages less readable for many. Word generates very flawed HTML/XHTML
tagging and is best avoided. It is not even a good word
processor. There are plenty of (X)HTML editors, but I don't use them
and so can't recommend any. HtDg/HotDog perhaps is a good one, or
Coldfusion. An old good one is HoTMetaL. Best, pehaps, is simply to
create HTML or XHTML tags by hand. Avoid Frontpage (I suffer too much
from the garbage it produces).

Incidentally, you might reconsider using Word at all. There's plenty
of alternatives, including doing without a word processor
altogether. The most beautiful printed result may come from using
LyX, which is perhaps not a word processor. I suspect there's a
Windows version.

Haines Brown