Re: apt-get - install additional libraries

On Sun, 08 Jun 2003 00:42:00 -0400
Travis Crump <pretzalz@techhouse.org> wrote:

> Paul Johnson wrote:

> >>Unfortunately, all by way of apt-get
> >

> > So why would you want to keep the old version around?  apt is pretty
> > good about not hosing your system.
> >

> Not to mention that libgtk1.2 and libgtk2.0-0 don't conflict with each
> other.  I have both libgtk1.2 and libgtk2.0-0 programs happily
> installed without any problems.  Maybe OP can elaborate on what
> problems he is having?  If you just want to install libgtk2.0-0, all
> you have to do is 'apt-get install libgtk2.0-0'.  I was hesitant to
> suggest this because I couldn't imagine why the OP wouldn't have
> already tried this.

Some stuff requires gtk1.2, and a few newer programs require gtk2.0. I
wanted to make sure that I didn't hose my system totally.

I knew about 'apt-get install libgtk2.0-0', but didn't want to lose the
ability to use 1.2.

Thanks to both you and Paul.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@pe.net>	Registered Linux User #96112