Re: dpkg-reconfigure ntp-simple not working?

On 5 Jun 2003 cfactor@despammed.com wrote:

> I made a mistake and canceled out of the configuration screen when I
> apt-get installed ntp-simple.  Now when I try running "dpkg-reconfigure
> ntp-simple" all it does is restart the ntpd.  It doesn't bring up the
> config menu.
>
> I've tried removing the package with the purge option and reinstalling.

If you really *purged* the package I think it is odd that on reinstalling
you do not see a configuration screen again if you did get one the very
first time you installed it. On the other hand, with the great majority of
packages configuring or reconfiguring is a matter of putting files in the
right places with some sensible default content, without any questions
(needing to be) asked.

If re-installing ntp-simple does not generate *error messages* probably all
is well, and you only have to configure it to your liking. How to do that
should be explained in the documentation that comes with it.

Ben

--

B.F.M. Kal
Anjelierstraat 1,   2014 TC Haarlem,  Netherlands