Re: [OT] ergonomic setups

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Nori Heikkinen wrote:

> hey debian folk,
>
> i'd like your opinions/feedback about what kind of ergonomic setups
> you use at home and in the office.  as i mentioned a couple of days
> ago, i've been issued a laptop at work, and i can barely use it for
> the wrist strain.  i can have a desktop if i want, and i think i'm
> going to ask for one ... they're less convenient and less mobile, but
> i'd like to keep my wrists.

Assuming you want to keep the laptop, have you considered just plugging a
keyboard into it?(and maybe a mouse)

I'm one step beyond that, and I use a docking station on my Omnibook 5700,
which lets me plug in my keyboard mouse monitor, scsi card, one or two isa
cards, and/or a pci card.

But that's a bit extreme, and definately no longer portable.

Mike