Re: Debian compatibility with Mac G4 computer, and will it run Blender 3-d modeling software, which runs under Linux?

On Thursday 05 June 2003 21:15, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (05/06/03 12:37), Daniel Fredrickson wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 12:37:33 -0500
> > Subject: Debian compatibility with Mac G4 computer, and will it run
> > 	Blender 3-d modeling software, which runs under Linux?
> > From: Daniel Fredrickson <visualpx@mindspring.com>
> > To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> >
> > Please respond to the questions in the subject line: Debian compatibility
> > with Mac G4 computer, and will it run Blender3-d modeling software, which
> > runs under Linux? (Blender is open source and free at www.blender3d.org)
> >
> > Thanks for any advice
>
> I'm running Debian 3.0 on a 450Mhz dual G4 and it runs fine.  Don't know
> anything about Blender3-d.  You might try posting to
> debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org - they helped me get both my G4 and an
> old 8100/80 running debian.
>
> HTH
>
> Regards
>
> Clive

The Debian package is called blender, and so at worst if there is not a
binary package for the G4 you can always take the source and build it.
You might find build problems, but those I am sure the debian-powerpc list
will help with.

David