Re: Debian installation from hard disk

> Ah, OK.  I think this is where I suffered burnout myself.  If you
> mentioned it before, it just didn't click.  You may be SOL in this
> case, however, I did find Linux+WindowsNT HOWTO on TLDP.  Have you
> seen it yet?
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Linux+WinNT.html

the above document is useful if one already has an installed linux system
and wants to use the NT bootloader to load linux instead of lilo/grub etc.

> NT bootloader is hella-weird.  NT, unlike other Microsoft OSes, also
> pretends to have something approaching memory management, so that
> rules out Loadlin, which basically stomps over the memory occupied by
> Windows to work, as I understand it, which is why when you run it from
> anywhere but a genuine DOS prompt Windows complains about not being
> shut down right.

that's exactly where i'm stuck. there has to be some way to do this. i'm
sure Nt is'nt *that* finicky about leaving memory to some process like
loadlin.. basically just a small utility that would force NT to restart
should do but before that it'll have to make sure that on restart the
utility gets control and not the NT bootloader .. which would again bring u
back to square one.