Re: Gnome desktop icons are no longer showing

Thus spake Jeff Self:
> I'm running Debian unstable with Gnome 2.2 and Nautilus. Since yesterday
> afternoon, I noticed that my icons are missing. My Home, Start Here,
> Trash and other folders I created myself. I also don't have ability to
> right click on my desktop. Anybody know what I should look for? Or is
> this a new bug with something that was updated?

Sounds like Nautilus is no longer running, since it takes care of drawing
the icons and whatnot on the desktop.  Have you restarted X recently, or
did it just stop working while you left it up?  If it's the latter, I
would suspect that Nautilus simply crashed, and logging out of X and
logging back in would likely restore your desktop.  If however you have
already done that, and Nautilus doesn't start up automatically, the
cause is something else...

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

If a man be gracious and courteous to strangers, it shows he is a
citizen of the world. - Francis Bacon