Newbie-Help in configuring IceWm

Hi All,

I am a newbie in Debian, though I have used RH for the past 2 years.
I installed Woody3.0r0 on a low end m/c today (P I 200 MHz, 32 MB RAM,
20 GB HDD) in a 3 GB partition on dual boot with Win 98.
I also installed IceWm by apt-get install icewm.

Problem 1.
Since this is a low end m/c , I wanted to use only IceWm.
But during installation I gave gdm as the display manager. Now login
screen shows only GNome,KDE and failsafe only as the sessions.

Next I made a .xinitrc file in my home directory with a line "exec
/usr/X11R6/bin/icewm"
Thinking that next time I will get IceWm on the menu, I logged out,
logged in to find IceWM not there.
Will changing the Display manager to kdm or xdm will do it? How to
change the display manager ?
I want to somehow use only IceWm . Pl help
Problem2.
I find screen resolution only 640 x 480. The card (ATI Mach64) is
capable of 1024 x 768.  In Redhat , I used to login as root and type
setup in which xsetup can be changed. Is there any other easy tool
like that ? Or do I have to go to the complicated process of editing
"XFree 86 " file ?

Pl help .

N S Srikanth