[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: ergonomic laptop keyboard?

Kevin Mark wrote:

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 13:08, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
I would love to see a normal laptop,
never in a million years. its form factor doesnt allow it.
but with a keyboard
whose two halves could pop up in the middle, and then rotate inwards
to whatever degree the user wanted, kind of like [1], except built
into a laptop, and without the numerical keypad, obviously.
does such a thing exist?
I believe it was one of the IBM Thinkpads that had a "butterfly" keyboard. It expanded when you opened the laptop, but it didn't rotate inwards, and looked nothing like [1]. It was just a normal keyboard, with bigger keys and spacing like a desktop keyboard, that was cut in half and folded into a tighter space when the lid was closed. Can't say I was terribly impressed with it; I guess the market wasn't either, or you'd still see the design.

It probably won't be of any use to you, but the roll-up keyboard might be a consideration; it's basically the innards of a keyboard, wrapped in rubber, so that you can roll it up to store/carry and unroll it to use. It's not particularly usable in my estimation, but some folks like it. TigerDirect.com has it for $20 or so.

Kent West (westk@acu.edu)

Reply to: