Re: kdm init files and xmodmap

Please do not steal the thread by just replying to a conversation in
mid-stride.  Replying to an existing thread of conversation and just
changing the subject line is called thread stealing.  It's considered
rude.  If you want to start a new thread of conversation please just
start a new email message and not a reply to an existing message.

You can see how your message is stuck in the middle of the other
thread of conversation "Knoppix ISO image is 715MB - How Do I burn it
?" by looking here.  People not interested in that conversation will
delete the entire thread and very probably never see or read your
message which will be deleted along with the entire rest of the thread.

 http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200306/threads.html#00376

Tal Eisenberg wrote:
> I have been running xmodmap manualy on every startup for making the
> extra buttons work with X. As this is quite annoying to do everytime
> I want to put the xmodmap ~/.xmodmaprc line on some init script that
> runs on X startup (I'm using KDM). The problem is I just can't find
> any file that will actually execute that line and add the new
> buttons. Where should I put it?

KDM starts X which runs Xsession which will look in .Xmodmap.  If you
put your xmodmap into $HOME/.Xmodmap it should be read at start up
time.

Bob