Re: help: APT - locked

Thus spake Guilherme Viebig:
> Hi all,
>
> I was remote updating my system with ssh when the connection was lost, all
> packages were downloaded.
>
> Now, when i try to redo apt-get upgrade, i get this message
>
> 40 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 74 not upgraded.
> E: Could not get lock /var/cache/apt/archives/lock - open (11 Resource
> temporarily unavailable)
> E: Unable to lock the download directory

That specific error looks suspiciously like you're running out of file
descriptors on the system...

What does
 cat /proc/sys/fs/file-nr
return?

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

"The soil of a man's heart is stonier [...] A man grows what he can...
and he tends it" -- Stephen King, Pet Sematary