Re: apt-get can't find nvidia contributed driver package

On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 06:50:50 -0400
Jack Dodds <brmdamon@aci.on.ca> wrote:

> So, I need to install the Nvidia contributed packages nvidia-glx-src and
> nvidia-kernel-src. These are listed in the packages lists on the website
> as being in the X11 section of Woody.
> The package names do not appear in the names listed in dselect. (I did
> update the package lists using dselect.)
> apt-get install nvidia-glx-src gives me an error indicating that the
> package can't be found.

The GeForce2 and GeForce2 Go are supported by the "nv" driver in the testing
and sid versions of XFree86. It doesn't support hardware acceleration,

The nvidia-kernel-src and nvidia-glx-src packages are in the "contrib" part
of the archive. That means they depend on non-free software. In
/etc/apt/sources.list ensure "contrib" is one of the sections listed:

deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib

Then do "apt-get update" and you should be able to install the nvidia