Q: Pointers to configure SMTP AUTH

Hi,

I want to use SMTP AUTH with my ISP.  He offers PLAIN, CRAM-MD5, and
DIGEST-MD5 authentication on his mail servers.  I'd like to use either
CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5.  I'd also like to use SMTP over SSL so the
entire session is encrypted.

I use exim so far on my machine and I noticed that there's an exim-tls
package in unstable.

But I'm still looking for pointers on how to set that up (hassle-free).

Any help is appreciated.

Ciao,
Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld
Max-Born-Institut fuer Nichtlineare Optik und Kurzzeitspektroskopie