Re: Belkin CompactFlash reader problems

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 08:00:23PM -0400, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Chris Kenrick wrote:
> > >
> > > fdisk /dev/sdc1          // play with partitions
> >
> > If I try this with "-l" to list the partitions, there is no output and
> > the log file records an error message.
>
> Try just fdisk /dev/sda (if it's a that your device is being assigned to).

Weird.  It worked, briefly, and enabled me to list a FAT12 partition on
the drive.  Then it just went back to "Unable to read /dev/sda"

> > Not looking promising.  Any further ideas, anyone?
>
> Unfortunately, I agree.

Gosh darn it.  Now to try to get the camera (Canon Powershot A70) to
talk directly to Linux.  Haven't managed to get it going so far, but
worth another try.

- Chris