Re: ssh setup

* Jeff Elkins (jeffelkins@earthlink.net) [030531 12:42]:
> I'm setting up a previously working woody mp3 server after a crash, but when I
> try to run xmms via ssh I get:
>
> ** CRITICAL **: Unable to open display
>
> X11 forwarding is turned on.  What have I forgotten?

more specifically, I take it you mean you have "X11Forwarding yes" on
the server's sshd_config, yes?  Have you also enabled it on the client,
either via "ForwardX11 yes" in ssh_config (or ~/.ssh/config) or by using
the -X command-line option to ssh?

Have you looked at the output of ssh -v?

good times,
vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/