DVDs reproduction a little "slow"

Hi again!

I wondered if anyone knew anything I could do to improve the reproduction of
DVDs. Trying different players (Ogle, Xine, Vlc), and running them even as
root, I always have the same problem: the images "freeze" a little. I can
watch the DVD, but it's a little annoying.

I have plenty of memory and a fast processor, so I don't think that's the
problem :). Anyway, I've noticed that the process associated to the DVD
player  does use a low porcentage of the total system  memory. I've tried to
run the players as root and happens the same.

Any ideas? :)

Regards,

Sara