Re: Problems installing Netscape in unstable distro

> I usually use Konqueror or Mozilla, but today I was having a lot of
> problems with no W3C-compliant web sites, and I wondered if using Netscape
> instead I had a chance to see them a little "better". Do you think it could
> be so, or would they look like as in Mozilla?

It is a partial solution. In fact there are a lot of pages that only work with
older versions of netscape. The problem is the existence of stupid JavaScript
programmers that assume that the only existing browser are IE or netscape
4.x. They have to identify the browser, but with a lot of miskates.

> In case the answer to the second question is  "maybe you see them better",
> could you tell me if it would be possible to install it in an unstable
> version? I've tried and I'm running in dependencies problems all the while.
> I've tried to install the pacakages it depends, but same problem all over
> again. Any suggestions?

I have a mixed instalation (testing/unstable) of Debian and I have netscape
4.x. I have instaled netscape 4 at the begining of the Debian instalation
where the selected distribution is 'stable'; then I changed to testing, do
you have the corresponding lines of 'stable' in the 'sources.list' file?

Luis Llana.