Re: Problems installing Netscape in unstable distro

On Friday 30 May 2003 22:08, Sara Gil Casanova wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I usually use Konqueror or Mozilla, but today I was having a lot of
> problems with no W3C-compliant web sites, and I wondered if using
> Netscape instead I had a chance to see them a little "better". Do you
> think it could be so, or would they look like as in Mozilla?

No, in Netscape 4.xx a webpage might look different than in Mozilla, but
in Netscape 6 and Netscape 7, it would look just like Mozilla shows it.

Netscape is just a rebranded mozilla, with some stuff like java and
flash added to it. The engine of them is gecko, and they both will show
a webpage exactly the same. Actually now that I think of it, I remember
that Netscape 7 is built on Mozilla 1.0, and probably new mozilla
versions do a better job of showing non compliant webpages than mozilla
1.0/Netscape 7

So, if nither Mozilla, nor Konqueror nor Opera shows the page as it
should, and telling them to lie about their identity to the website
also doesn't work, then IE 5.5 on Wine might be the last soloution.

Cheers

--
/* There is SCO owned IP all over the Linux kernel. SCO will hunt them.
Free software infidels are liars. We will kill them all, and roast their

Aryan Ameri