Re: [OT] Can Samba and NFS coexist?

Am Donnerstag, 29. Mai 2003 19:19 schrieb Joerg Johannes:
> Hi everybody
>
> I am about to plan a fileserver for both windows and linux clients. Is
> it possible to share the same directories for windows and linux
> clients? Or do I have to set up different home directories for the
> samba and the nfs server?

Of course you can. Setting up samba is pretty much straightforward. The
quickest way is just to use the default smb.conf. You then just have to add
users with their password to samba's own password list (if you don't chose
PAM in the samba installation dialog, else you don't have to do that either)
with

	smbpasswd -a USER

and they should then have access at least to their home directories. But of
course you should adjust smb.conf to your needs. It already contains a lot of
comments and examples and you can get deeper infos with: 'man smb.conf'

Regards,
Christian