Re: pilot-link in Sid and Sarge: Much bigger question

Le vendredi 25 avril 2003 à 15:27:57, David Krider a écrit:
> I would love whatever pointers the lists may have to offer on this, but
> it raises a much larger question about versions and currency in general.
> I see that pilot-link is the same version in Sid as it is in Woody, and
> that version is WELL OVER A YEAR OLD. That's two lifetimes in terms of
> Linux. Every other distro of significance is shipping an up-to-date
> version. It can't be *that* broken. To me, this doesn't bode well for
> the future of Debian, or at least its viability on the desktop. Perhaps
> the maintainers don't care about this. I'm new to Debian; I just don't know.

You can use my backports at [1]. You will find pilot-link 0.11.7 (the
same version as in Debian unstable).

You will also find a backport of J-Pilot (one of the packages I maintain
for Debian).

I provide these backports exactly to solve your problem: help users
using stable to use recent programs.

Regards,

[1] http://people.debian.org/~rousseau/jpilot/

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau                        Ludovic.Rousseau@free.fr
 -- Normaliser Unix c'est comme pasteuriser le camembert, L.R. --