[tir@igidr.ac.in: Problems with xlibs.]

Folks,
    I had sent this query sometime back, but I haven't received any
    replies. Could someone please help me with this?

    TIA,
    -tir

 Tirthankar, IGIDR.
 +91-22-2840 0919 x275 (r), x593(o), x542(CFL).
 http://www.igidr.ac.in/~tir

  LORE, n.  Learning -- particularly that sort which is not derived from
  a regular course of instruction but comes of the reading of occult
  books, or by nature.  This latter is commonly designated as folk-lore
  and embraces popularly myths and superstitions.  In Baring-Gould's
  _Curious Myths of the Middle Ages_ the reader will find many of these
  traced backward, through various people son converging lines, toward a
  common origin in remote antiquity.  Among these are the fables of
  "Teddy the Giant Killer," "The Sleeping John Sharp Williams," "Little
  Red Riding Hood and the Sugar Trust," "Beauty and the Brisbane," "The
  Seven Aldermen of Ephesus," "Rip Van Fairbanks," and so forth.  The
  fable with Goethe so affectingly relates under the title of "The Erl-
  King" was known two thousand years ago in Greece as "The Demos and the
  Infant Industry."  One of the most general and ancient of these myths
  is that Arabian tale of "Ali Baba and the Forty Rockefellers."
--- Begin Message ---
Folks,
    I saw the cute KDE3 env at a friend's place and wanted to upgrade my
    KDE2.2.

    But when I gave an apt-get upgrade,

    I get the following  problem:

lewis:/var/cache/apt/archives# apt-get upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
  xbase-clients: Depends: xlibs (> 4.2.0) but 4.1.0-14 is installed
  xlibs-dev: Depends: xlibs (= 4.2.1-6) but 4.1.0-14 is installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
lewis:/var/cache/apt/archives#

So I try an apt-get -f install, and I get this:

lewis:/var/cache/apt/archives# apt-get -f install
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
  xlibs
1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 530 not upgraded.
11 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/1253kB of archives. After unpacking 81.9kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
(Reading database ... 106921 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace xlibs 4.1.0-14 (using .../xlibs_4.2.1-6_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement xlibs ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/xlibs_4.2.1-6_i386.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite `/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults', which is also in package wordnet
 /var/cache/apt/archives/xlibs_4.2.1-6_i386.deb
lewis:/var/cache/apt/archives#

How do I get over this problem with xlibs?

TIA,
-tir

 Tirthankar, IGIDR.
 +91-22-2840 0919 x275 (r), x593(o), x542(CFL).
 http://www.igidr.ac.in/~tir

  ADMIRAL, n.  That part of a war-ship which does the talking while the
  figure-head does the thinking.