From: David Z Maze [mailto:dmaze@debian.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 11:56 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Cygwin SSH through a router?

"Kevin Griffis" <kgriffis@mcnallybusinesssolutions.com> writes:

> I use PuTTY on a Win98 machine to connect to my home machine behind a
> router, tunnelling VNC over SSH.  Is it possible to tunnel through a
router
> using Cygwin/SSH and get an X desktop?

I bet you don't mean "router", but rather "NAT box".  Regardless,
though, if you have some way of making an ssh connection from point A
to point B such that you can tunnel VNC over it, you can tunnel X over
it too.  You're not going to get an "X desktop" if you do this, but
you can run individual X applications (conceivably including a window
manager, desktop environment, etc.) on an X server running on your
local machine.

	-- Abra Mitchell

---