Re: Cheap high resolution (1600x1200) video card for debian

I am using an ATI Radeon 7500 on the DVI output at its maximum res of
1600x1200, and it works fine with X under testing. This card can do
higher resolutions on analogue as well.

I would suggest avoiding an OEM card based on the Radeon chips. I have
read that the OEM cards, for unclear (to me) reasons to not work
properly with standard XFree drivers, although perhaps ATI's own drivers
would work better. I had an OEM version initially, and there was a line
of incorrect pixels runnign down the side of the screen. This problem
went away when I got a new ATI-branded 7500; of course, I don't know if
this was just single defective card or a problem with teh OEM version.

I have seen the ATI-branded 7500 cards with dual VGA/DVI output for
around $75, so it's not that much more expensive.

nl